If you want to put on muscles or embarrassed by your bony structure, this will surely help you.
The healthy weight of each body varies according to the type of the body – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
Vata means air element more dominant – bodies are light
Kapha means earth and water elements are dominant – bodies are heavy
Pitta means fire element more dominant – bodies are medium built.
For kapha people, it will never occur to do anything, to gain weight.
Pitta people are medium built with normal health. If they are too thin, it may be due to some sickness or lack of nutrition. Vata people are usually thin, but can have medium built body, if they follow these tips.
- Very light exercise for 5 days a week or moderate exercise for three days a week or gentle yoga for 5 days a week.
- Follow proper discipline of food (satvik) and water ( 4 to 5 litres a day)
- Eat a handful of soaked ground nuts everyday morning – remember chewing well is important.
- Sit with Prithvi mudra for 15 minutes and chin mudra for 5 minutes everyday.
- Sleep well ( see the article on sleep for guidelines)
- Prefer soaked almonds and cocoanuts over lentil sprouts as diet supplement
- Always affirm yourself : “ I am healthy, I am in perfect shape, at perfect weight”, especially before sleeping and immediately after waking up.